The Water Resources Department is responsible for developing short- and long-term comprehensive water supply management strategies for maintaining and protecting the District’s water Resources at the lowest cost to ratepayers. Department staff accomplishes this strategic vision through carefully planned, proactive, flexible measures designed to preserve and protect the county’s water resources.
These measures include the following areas of effort:
- The coordination and development of various mandated water supply planning documents, conservation efforts, and water supply assessments for developer projects
- Developing strategic water resources documents and planning efforts in the interest of pursuing local and regional water supply reliability
- Participation on behalf of the District in integrated regional watershed and water resources efforts of significance, including the implementation of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act
- Overseeing the District’s natural hazard and dam safety planning efforts
- Initiating, coordinating, monitoring and reporting for the management of grants in association with other departments