Customer Service

Home » Customer Service

Customer Account Information

Opening Your Account

A water service account with CCWD may be opened either by calling the District's Customer Service Department at (209) 754-3543, or by coming in to the District Office at 120 Toma Court, San Andreas, CA 95249, during business hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday). There is a $45.00 administrative fee to open new accounts. This fee is charged each time customers change addresses within the district. When customers call or come in to open a new account,  it must be put in that customers' name - customers may not establish accounts for another person.

The Following Information is Required to Open a New Account
Address and/or APN of new account
Property owner's name
Billing address
Escrow Information (if applicable) to show proof of ownership
Welcome Letter
Download the New Customer Information Packet

Customer Payment Responsibility

Legal-deeded property owners are responsible to pay bimonthly water and wastewater bills regardless of their occupancy or use of the property. The only exceptions to this requirement are the suspension of service and foreclosure abatement policy (See Forms and Documents).

Tenant/Property Manager Billing Options
The Calaveras County Water District does not send paper copies of bills to tenants or property managers. The District only holds the legal deeded owner responsible to pay the bill and thus only sends paper copies of the bill to owners. If a legal deeded property owner would like their tenant to receive an electronic copy of their bill, they need to give the tenant their billing information to set up an account on www.ccwd.org. Property managers can also provide the owner information needed to set up accounts to help facilitate this electronic billing process. If a second copy of paper bills is desired, the District will send them out after an annual fee of $15 has been paid to the account.

How to set up an online account
Click here or on the "Pay My Bill" icon on the home page (please note this link will take you away from the CCWD website).

Bill Payment

The District provides several different ways for customers to pay their bills. At the office during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). The District also accepts Visa/Mastercard/Discover, cash, paper and electronic checks and money orders. Customers can pay online at any time, over the phone 24 hours a day seven day a week by using the Automated Payment System or by calling the office during business hours. If sending payment via mail, please send checks only - no cash. If customers come by the District headquarters outside of regular business hours, they can drop payment envelopes (checks only) through the drop slot for processing the next business day.

 Automated Phone Payment Number


 Paying through the Internet

Closing Your Account

The District does not allow termination of water or wastewater service. For more information, call (209) 754-3543.

Foreclosure Information
If you are facing the possibility of foreclosure and have a default filed, please review this information.
Click here for the Foreclosure Abatement Agreement.
Click here for more information about this process (Board Resolution 2008-36)

CCWD Does Not Regulate Marijuana Cultivation, Groundwater Wells or Illegal Water Diversions in Calaveras County

If you have questions about growing marijuana in Calaveras County, call the Calaveras County Planning Department at (209) 754-6394.
If you have questions about obtaining a cannabis waste discharge permit or illegal water diversions, vist the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board's website or call (530) 224-4845.
If you have questions about rules and regulations regarding drilling new groundwater wells, call the Calaveras County Environmental Health Department at (209) 754-6399.
Translate »