Copperopolis Water Treatment Plant is Offline; CCWD Urges All Copperopolis Customers to Limit Water Use
Update 9 p.m. Thursday: Click here for the latest information
Update 5 p.m. Thursday: Power is still out in Copperopolis, and CCWD continues to urge customers to only use water when absolutely necessary. CCWD is working on bringing in a replacent generator to allow the water treatment plant to come back on.
The backup generator at CCWD’s Copperopolis water treatment plant failed last night, which means the treatment plant is offline. CCWD crews are doing everything possible to get it back online today, but we don’t yet know how long the plant will be offline. CCWD filled all treated water storage tanks in Copperopolis last night but storage is limited. Under normal conditions CCWD’s treated water storage can meet the community’s demand for about 24 hours. If fire hydrants are needed for emergency response the water will not last nearly that long. CCWD is asking all CCWD customers in Copperopolis to use water only when absolutely necessary. For more information, contact CCWD at 209-754-3543 or visit ccwd.org or our facebook page.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting-October 26, 2021 October 22, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting – October 13, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. October 8, 2021
- Legal Affairs Committee Meeting October 1, 2021
- Highway 4 Corridor Customers May Experience Discolored Water September 29, 2021
- New Customer Service Software September 21, 2021