Copperopolis Water Treatment Plant is Offline; CCWD Urges All Copperopolis Customers to Limit Water Use
Update 9 p.m. Thursday: Click here for the latest information
Update 5 p.m. Thursday: Power is still out in Copperopolis, and CCWD continues to urge customers to only use water when absolutely necessary. CCWD is working on bringing in a replacent generator to allow the water treatment plant to come back on.
The backup generator at CCWD’s Copperopolis water treatment plant failed last night, which means the treatment plant is offline. CCWD crews are doing everything possible to get it back online today, but we don’t yet know how long the plant will be offline. CCWD filled all treated water storage tanks in Copperopolis last night but storage is limited. Under normal conditions CCWD’s treated water storage can meet the community’s demand for about 24 hours. If fire hydrants are needed for emergency response the water will not last nearly that long. CCWD is asking all CCWD customers in Copperopolis to use water only when absolutely necessary. For more information, contact CCWD at 209-754-3543 or visit ccwd.org or our facebook page.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-May 25, 2022 May 20, 2022
- Finance Committee Meeting-May 24, 2022 May 20, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting May 11, 2022 May 6, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-April 27, 2022 April 22, 2022
- Engineering Committee Meeting – April 26, 2022 at 2pm April 22, 2022