Boil Water Advisory Extended for 130 Customers in Big Trees Village
For the second time in three days, the Calaveras County Water District’s 14-inch water transmission pipeline in Big Trees Village has experienced a large leak. About 130 customers in Big Trees Village were given a boil water advisory Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019, and that advisory has now been extended through at least Tuesday Sept. 17, out of an abundance of caution.
Residents may be affected who live on Blackfoot Circle, Mewuk Lane, Mido Way, and parts of Shoshone Drive to use boiled tap water or bottled water for drinking and cooking purposes. CCWD staff members have notified each service address that is impacted by phone or flyer. Please note: If you did not receive a phone call or flyer at your door, you are not impacted by this advisory and can continue using water normally.
CCWD will inform impacted residents when tests show the water is safe to drink, and water no longer needs to be boiled. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to lift the boil water advisory by early next week.
For more information, contact the CCWD Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 754-3543. Updates will be posted at www.ccwd.org and on the District’s Facebook page @calaveraswaterdistrict.
Recent CCWD News
- Customer Portal & IVR Payment Fees Change Effective February 6, 2023 February 3, 2023
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting February 8, 2023 February 3, 2023
- Jenny Lind Town Hall Meeting February 16th January 30, 2023
- Legal Affairs Committee Meeting January 31, 2023 January 27, 2023
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting January 25, 2023 January 20, 2023