Broken Water Main Repaired at Hwy 26 and Vista Del Lago Intersection
Update: 3:10 p.m.: The broken water mainline has been repaired. CCWD crews are flushing the system to remove brown water. Please note that if you live in the affected area, you may experience air in your lines or brown-colored water. Even if the water is brown, it is completely safe to drink. If you would like to clear your system of brown water, turn on an outside faucet at the lowest point on your property and let it run until the water turns clear. Because we are in a drought, CCWD encourages customers to capture the water for later use on trees, shrubs or other landscaping. CCWD crews will do their best to remove air from the system, but it may take some time until water service is back to normal. Those with questions may call CCWD at 209-754-3543.
Original post: A construction crew doing backhoe work at the corner of Highway 26 and Vista Del Lago ruptured a CCWD main waterline at around 2:15 p.m. Tuesday. The line break caused CCWD to shut down water to businesses and homes in the area until repairs can be made. Areas affected by the shutdown include:
- La Contenta Golf Course
- The Pizza Factory and surrounding businesses
CCWD crews are actively working to make the repair, and there is no estimate for when water will be turned back on at this time. More information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Those with questions may call Customer Service at 209-754-3543.
Recent CCWD News
- Legal Affairs Committee Meeting October 4, 2022 September 29, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-September 28, 2022 September 23, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting September 14, 2022 September 9, 2022
- Calaveras Conserves Drought Video September 9, 2022
- Engineering Committee Meeting September 6, 2022 September 1, 2022