As we all do our part to flatten the curve by sheltering in place during the COVID-19 emergency, many people are looking for ways to improve their yards. If you’re one of those people, we have some great tips for how you can use water efficiently and save money on your water bill!
One of the easiest ways to achieve big savings is to find and fix leaks. Check out this video we made in coordination with Tuolumne County for a step-by-step guide on how to fix leaks using your water meter.
Apply for Rebates
Did you know CCWD also offers water use efficiency rebates on toilets, washing machines, smart irrigation controllers and efficient irrigation supplies? Click here to apply for your rebate today.
Smart Gardening and Landscaping
If you’re going to plant a garden or new landscaping this year, check out these great tips from the University of California for how you can grow a successful garden / landscaping and save water in the process.
For more information, go to CCWD’s water use efficiency page at https://ccwd.org/customer-service/water-use-efficiency/. Learn how to save water indoors here. Learn how to save water outdoors here.
Important COVID-19 Information
- COVID-19 has no impact on the safety of CCWD’s public water supply, and our water is safe, reliable, and abundant.
- To protect the safety of employees and the community, CCWD has closed its main office in San Andreas. To make a payment, go to www.ccwd.org and click on “Pay My Bill” to make online payments at no additional charge or call our 24/7 phone system at (844) 516-4349. If you have a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (209) 754-3543 and leave a message. We will call you back on the same day in the order the call was received.
- Other than human waste, toilet paper is the only acceptable flushable item. Paper towels, sanitary wipes, swiffers, etc., can damage wastewater infrastructure and require our staff to work in close proximity to raw sewage.
- For more information on CCWD’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, go to www.ccwd.org/coronavirus
Recent CCWD News
- Calaveras Conserves | July 22 Press Release July 23, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting July 14, 2021 July 14, 2021
- Severe Drought and Water Conservation Update July 9, 2021
- Ebbetts Pass Community Town Hall Meeting July 8, 2021
- CCWD Celebrates Independence Day with the Community July 7, 2021