State Water Board Approves 16 Percent Conservation Standard for CCWD
After working with the State Water Resources Control Board over the past month, CCWD’s mandatory water conservation standard has been reduced from 32 percent to 16 percent. CCWD believes this is a much more appropriate conservation standard, and the District is grateful to State Board staff for providing excellent guidance that allowed adjustments to the amount of water used by residential customers and better accounting for peak population during the summer. While this reduction in mandatory conservation to 16 percent has many benefits, it is important for CCWD customers to continue their conservation efforts as the state is endures a fourth consecutive year of extreme drought.
The District will notify customers of this change via bill inserts, postcards, radio, newspapers, TV and appearances at community meetings.
Read MyMotherLode’s coverage of this story by clicking here.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-May 25, 2022 May 20, 2022
- Finance Committee Meeting-May 24, 2022 May 20, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting May 11, 2022 May 6, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-April 27, 2022 April 22, 2022
- Engineering Committee Meeting – April 26, 2022 at 2pm April 22, 2022