Planned Water Service Disruption on Rippon Road Monday May 20
About 20 customers on Rippon Road in Rancho Calaveras will have their water service interrupted from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday May 20. This service interruption is necessary to allow CCWD crews to remove a fire hydrant that will be replaced at a later date.
Note: Discolored water is a common occurrence after pipeline work. Opening and closing valves to isolate the area of repair can cause the water flow in the pipes to speed up and slow down, which dislodges minerals from the inside walls of the pipe. While these minerals can cause the water to become discolored, the water is still completely safe to drink and there is no risk to public health. District staff has flushed the system to remove discolored water, but some may remain in customers’ personal plumbing systems. If customers experience discolored water, they can open an outside faucet at the lowest point on their properties and run it until the water runs clear.
Those with questions or concerns about this planned shutdown may contact the CCWD Customer Service Department at (209) 754-3543 or email email@example.com.
Recent CCWD News
- Calaveras Conserves | July 22 Press Release July 23, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting July 14, 2021 July 14, 2021
- Severe Drought and Water Conservation Update July 9, 2021
- Ebbetts Pass Community Town Hall Meeting July 8, 2021
- CCWD Celebrates Independence Day with the Community July 7, 2021