Jenny Lind Water Treatment Plant to Run on Backup Power March 26 and 27
Update 1:30 p.m. Wednesday March 27: PG&E has completed its electrical service upgrade project and the water treatment plant is back on normal power. Residents in the area will no longer hear a generator running continuously.
The Calaveras County Water District will be operating its Jenny Lind Water Treatment Plant on backup generator power for two days next week. The generator will run from 8 a.m. Tuesday March 26 through 6 p.m. Wednesday March 27. This is necessary to allow PG&E to replace and upgrade the electrical service powering the plant. This new electrical service is needed to power the pretreatment facility currently under construction on site (more information here).
Important note: This work is weather dependent and may have to be rescheduled if it is raining. Updates will be posted at www.ccwd.org if the project timeline changes.
While this project will not impact water service to customers, residents who live near the treatment plant will hear continuous generator noise until the project is complete. Generator noise is expected to impact residents living on the following streets:
- The east end of Silver Rapids Road
- Heney Court
- Lauren Lane
- Harper Street
- The south end of Huckleberry Lane
- Crowell Lane
- Antonovich Road
For more information about this project, contact Joel Metzger, Manager of External Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 754-3123.
Recent CCWD News
- New Customer Service Software September 21, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting-September 22, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. September 17, 2021
- Engineering Committee Meeting – September 14, 2021 @ 2pm September 9, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting-September 8, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. September 3, 2021
- Calaveras Conserves | Severe Drought and Water Conservation Update August 31, 2021