More than 50 people attended CCWD’s cannabis workshop on Wednesday September 28. Click here to watch a video of the meeting.
The workshop featured presentations by state and local officials with regulatory responsibility over cannabis cultivation. They discussed the potential water quality and supply impacts of cannabis cultivation and the legal requirements to protect local water resources.
An abundance of valuable information was shared at the workshop that may be of interest to to private citizens, cannabis farmers, water districts and county government officials.
County government speakers included Peter Maurer, Calaveras County Planning Director, and Jason Boetzer, Director of Environmental Services. State speakers included Griffin Perea, Central Valley Water Quality Board (enforcement), and representatives from the State Board Division of Water Rights, Department of Fish and Wildlife and State Water Board Office of Enforcement.
During public comment, Caz Tomaszewski and Mark Bolger spoke on behalf of the Calaveras Cannabis Alliance.
Recent CCWD News
- Calaveras Conserves | July 22 Press Release July 23, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting July 14, 2021 July 14, 2021
- Severe Drought and Water Conservation Update July 9, 2021
- Ebbetts Pass Community Town Hall Meeting July 8, 2021
- CCWD Celebrates Independence Day with the Community July 7, 2021