The Calaveras County Water District is pleased to announce that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has officially awarded $2.8 million in grant funds to build a pretreatment facility at the Jenny Lind Water Treatment Plant. It is critical that CCWD construct this facility to help cope with the severely degraded water quality in the Calaveras River Watershed, which was caused by the devastating Butte Fire. Once constructed, the pretreatment facility will remove suspended sediments in the water, which will allow the existing plant to operate efficiently and continue providing safe, reliable water service to the greater Rancho Calaveras area.
In order to meet the requirements of the grant, the CCWD Board authorized $939,500 in matching funds. The project’s total cost is estimated to be $3.75 million. The planning process has already begun on this project, and construction is expected to begin as soon as the planning and bidding processes are complete.
For more information about the Jenny Lind Pretreatment Facility, see this story.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-May 25, 2022 May 20, 2022
- Finance Committee Meeting-May 24, 2022 May 20, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting May 11, 2022 May 6, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-April 27, 2022 April 22, 2022
- Engineering Committee Meeting – April 26, 2022 at 2pm April 22, 2022