FEMA Awards $2.8 Million in Grant Funding to CCWD
The Calaveras County Water District is pleased to announce that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has officially awarded $2.8 million in grant funds to build a pretreatment facility at the Jenny Lind Water Treatment Plant. It is critical that CCWD construct this facility to help cope with the severely degraded water quality in the Calaveras River Watershed, which was caused by the devastating Butte Fire. Once constructed, the pretreatment facility will remove suspended sediments in the water, which will allow the existing plant to operate efficiently and continue providing safe, reliable water service to the greater Rancho Calaveras area.
In order to meet the requirements of the grant, the CCWD Board authorized $939,500 in matching funds. The project’s total cost is estimated to be $3.75 million. The planning process has already begun on this project, and construction is expected to begin as soon as the planning and bidding processes are complete.
For more information about the Jenny Lind Pretreatment Facility, see this story.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD Seeks Community Input, Releases Local Hazard Mitigation Survey March 30, 2023
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting March 22, 2023 March 17, 2023
- Ebbetts Pass Town Hall Meeting-Canceled March 14, 2023
- External Relations Committee Meeting March 14, 2023 March 10, 2023
- Copperopolis Town Hall Meeting-March 20th at 5:30 p.m. March 6, 2023