The District sends out bills on a bi-monthly basis, meaning you will receive a bill every other month, or six times a year. Your bill consists of the usage from the previous 60 days – meaning you use the water, CCWD reads your water meter and bills you accordingly. After the bills are mailed, the District’s billing procedures are as follows:
- Due Date – There will always be at least 25 days between the billing date and due date. If the bill is not paid by this date, a reminder notice will be mailed the next business day following the due date and a $10 late fee* will be added to the balance.
- Reminder Notice Due Date – There will always be at least 10 days between the reminder notice mailing date and the reminder notice due date. If the reminder notice is not paid by this date, there will be an $18 secondary late fee* added to the balance. At this point, there will be a total of $28 in fees added to your original bill.
- Property Tag – A brightly colored property tag will be posted on the property, providing customers at least 48 hours to bring the account current. If payment is not received by the date and time listed on the tag, the service will be locked off on the day listed on the tag.
- Lock Off – If payment is not received before the date indicated on the property tag, your service will be locked off and you will be charged a $36 lock-off fee*.
- Service Restoration – To turn your service back on during normal business hours, you must pay the account balance in full, plus a $36 service restoration fee*. Once a service has been locked off, the District will not accept payments online or over the phone. No partial payments will be accepted to turn service back on. At this point, there will be a total of $100 in fees in addition to your original bill. If you want your service restored after 2:30 p.m., you will be charged a $79 after-hours restore fee, in addition to the fees listed above.
*Disclaimer: Fees referenced in this document are subject to revision by the CCWD Board of Directors during a public meeting.