CCWD Working to Address Discolored Water in Copperopolis Area
Calaveras County Water District is aware that customers in the greater Copperopolis area are experiencing discolored water, due to naturally occurring minerals in the water. The discolored water was caused by a significant increase in water usage by Copperopolis residents and a PG&E power failure that disrupted normal pumping operations earlier this week.
To address this issue, field crews will be flushing the system.
While the District does not want to diminish the community’s concerns about the discolored water, this is an aesthetic issue and is not a threat to public health and safety.
Those with questions or concerns can contact the Customer Service Department at (209) 754-3543 or email@example.com.
Recent CCWD News
- Calaveras Conserves | July 22 Press Release July 23, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting July 14, 2021 July 14, 2021
- Severe Drought and Water Conservation Update July 9, 2021
- Ebbetts Pass Community Town Hall Meeting July 8, 2021
- CCWD Celebrates Independence Day with the Community July 7, 2021