CCWD Talks Water Conservation with Valley Springs Area Business Association
The Valley Springs Area Business Association invited the Calaveras County Water District to be the guest speaker at its meeting on Wednesday August 20 at the La Contenta Golf Course Clubhouse just outside Valley Springs. CCWD Customer Relations Manager and Public Information Officer Joel Metzger gave a 20-minute presentation that focused on watersheds in Calaveras, the drought and water conservation. After the presentation, members of the business community had the opportunity to ask questions. One item that peaked the interest of many attendees was the Department of Water Resources’ rebate program for turf and toilets. Anyone who would like more information on the program may visit this website to sign up: www.saveourwaterrebates.com. CCWD customers qualify for the turf rebate, because CCWD has not offered any turf rebates in the past two years. Residents do not need to contact CCWD to apply for this program.
CCWD would like to thank Colleen Reyes for setting up the luncheon and Gary Tofanelli for his introduction of Metzger. If any other community groups are interested in having CCWD make a presentation at a meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo credit: Don Urbanus
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting May 24, 2023 May 19, 2023
- CCWD Board President, Scott Ratterman, elected to the Association of California Water Agencies Joint Powers Insurance Authority Executive Committee May 10, 2023
- CCWD’s May 3, 2023 Special Board Meeting April 28, 2023
- Calaveras County Water District Announces New District Engineer April 28, 2023
- CCWD Attends On the Right Track Event at Calaveras High April 21, 2023