Copperopolis Customers Urged to Continue Conserving Water – CCWD Water Plant Back Online
UPDATE 7:45 a.m. Friday – CCWD continues to urge customers to conserve water in Copperopolis. While CCWD’s water treatment plant did come back online at about 3 a.m. Friday thanks to a backup generator provided by PG&E, CCWD needs all customers in Copperopolis to continue conserving water until PG&E restores power to all of Copperopolis.
8:45 p.m. Thursday – Thanks to the tireless work of CCWD staff in coordination with PG&E, a new backup generator has been secured for our water treatment plant in Copperopolis. However, we are still urging all customers in Copperopolis to conserve water at this time, even if power has been restored to your homes. We need time to bring the water treatment plant back online and fill up the water storage tanks serving the Copperopolis community. We will post updates on our website and Facebook Friday morning to provide an update to the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
For more information, contact the CCWD Customer Service Department at (209) 754-3543 or email@example.com.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting-October 26, 2021 October 22, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting – October 13, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. October 8, 2021
- Legal Affairs Committee Meeting October 1, 2021
- Highway 4 Corridor Customers May Experience Discolored Water September 29, 2021
- New Customer Service Software September 21, 2021