The Calaveras County Water District reduced water production by 39 percent in July 2015 when compared to July 2013. This is the third consecutive month that CCWD has reduced water production by nearly 40 percent. The State Water Resources Control Board has mandated that CCWD reduce water production by 16 percent when compared to 2013 – a goal that has been met and exceeded by far.
The District reminds customers that these items may be watered three days per week:
- Trees and shrubs
- Vegetable gardens
- Fruit orchards
- Newly planted drought-tolerant landscaping
All other outdoor landscaping may only be watered two days a week in accordance with Stage 3.5 Mandatory Watering Restrictions.
Recent CCWD News
- Calaveras Conserves | July 22 Press Release July 23, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting July 14, 2021 July 14, 2021
- Severe Drought and Water Conservation Update July 9, 2021
- Ebbetts Pass Community Town Hall Meeting July 8, 2021
- CCWD Celebrates Independence Day with the Community July 7, 2021