CCWD Meets with Bigelow and Borgeas
A delegation of staff and Board members from the Calaveras County Water District met with Senator Andreas Borgeas and Assemblymember Frank Bigelow on March 6. The primary issues discussed included the following: preserving local control, protection of water rights, the District’s opposition to a proposed water tax, groundwater recharge opportunities and the implementation of sweeping water use efficiency legislation that was passed in 2018. During the meetings, CCWD advocated for legislative proposals that are in the best interest of Calaveras County residents and fought against bills that threaten local control, jeopardize the District’s access to additional water rights and unfairly place a tax on customers’ water bills.
The District tracks bills and discusses strategy at the Legal Affairs Committee (LAC), which is open to the public and meets on an as-needed basis. The next LAC meeting is scheduled for 2 p.m. Tuesday March 19 at CCWD Headquarters, 120 Toma Court, San Andreas.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting May 24, 2023 May 19, 2023
- CCWD Board President, Scott Ratterman, elected to the Association of California Water Agencies Joint Powers Insurance Authority Executive Committee May 10, 2023
- CCWD’s May 3, 2023 Special Board Meeting April 28, 2023
- Calaveras County Water District Announces New District Engineer April 28, 2023
- CCWD Attends On the Right Track Event at Calaveras High April 21, 2023