CCWD Board Presents Two $500 Scholarships
The Calaveras County Water District Board of Directors presented two $500 scholarships at today’s Board meeting. The 2016 scholarship recipients are MaggiJo Erickson of Calaveras High School and Nicholas Kalika of Bret Harte High School.
In 2013, the CCWD Board of Directors approved funding for scholarships to be awarded annually to graduating high school seniors. Each year, students are asked to submit essays based on a relevant prompt. This year’s winners were asked to write essays using this prompt:
Discuss the value of water, conservation and how the drought is impacting Calaveras County and the State as a whole. How do you think challenges presented by the drought should be addressed locally and regionally?
A committee of three CCWD staff members reviewed more than 40 essays that were submitted by students attending Calaveras High School, Bret Harte High School and Mountain Oaks School. Once the top two students were chosen, staff invited the winners to read their essay to the Board of Directors.
Scholarship funds will be made available to the students once they have submitted proof of college class enrollment to CCWD.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting May 24, 2023 May 19, 2023
- CCWD Board President, Scott Ratterman, elected to the Association of California Water Agencies Joint Powers Insurance Authority Executive Committee May 10, 2023
- CCWD’s May 3, 2023 Special Board Meeting April 28, 2023
- Calaveras County Water District Announces New District Engineer April 28, 2023
- CCWD Attends On the Right Track Event at Calaveras High April 21, 2023