Customer Assistance Program Available to Customers
The Calaveras County Board of Directors approved a Customer Assistance Program (CAP) on Wednesday December 5. The program is limited to 200 water customers and 200 sewer customers, and applications for the program will not be available or accepted by CCWD until 8 a.m. Wednesday January 2, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Note: As of January 18, all 200 CAP water spots were filled. Space is still available for CAP sewer.
Click here to read the CAP policy
The program is designed to provide financial credits to customers whose incomes are at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline (see here). The primary verification of income is proof of participation in PG&E’s CARE Program.
The CCWD CAP is launching at 8 a.m. January 2, 2019. Applications will not be available at the office or online until that time. To apply, an applicant must turn in a completed, signed application, along with a recent PG&E bill in their name showing CARE Program participation. Additionally, if the applicant is a tenant, they will need provide CCWD with a copy of their current rental agreement with their landlord. If that agreement is not available, tenants must have their landlord sign a Property Owner CAP authorization form (available here).
Once applicants are approved by CCWD staff, they will be notified in writing and receive the following credits:
- Water only customers: $20 per bimonthly billing period
- Sewer only customers: $30 per bimonthly billing period
- Water & sewer customers: $50 per bimonthly billing period
In order to stay on the program, participants will be required to reapply for the program annually starting in 2020.
More information about this program will be posted in the weeks to come. Those with questions or concerns may contact CCWD Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 754-3543.
Learn more about the CAP by watching this video interview with CCWD’s Manager of External Affairs
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-Sept. 27, 2023 September 22, 2023
- External Relations Committee Meeting-Sept. 26, 2023 September 22, 2023
- CCWD’s Finance Committee Meeting – September 25, 2023 at 1:00 pm September 22, 2023
- Calaveras County Water District Adopts Modified 5-Year Rate Plan September 19, 2023
- CCWD’s Engineering Committee Meeting – September 21, 2023 at 2:00pm September 19, 2023
Follow Us on Social Media
Warning: Undefined variable $icons_color in /home/customer/www/ccwd.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/us-core/templates/elements/socials.php on line 19