Catalog of Enterprise Systems
Senate Bill 272 was enacted in 2015 and added Section 6270.5 to the Government Code. The bill requires local agencies, of which the Calaveras County Water District (CCWD) is one, to catalog and display online the Enterprise Systems used by such agencies in the conduct of their services.
The Enterprise system used by CCWD is provided below:
|Accela||Customer contact information, physical properties served, type of water meter and/or wastewater connection information|
System data is collected daily
System data is updated daily
|To manage the ongoing list of customers, water and wastewater services and related billing|
The Customer Service department is the primary custodian of this data
|Siteground||System data is updated and backed up daily|
Servers to use the latest PHP 7 version with the latest security fixes
Apache in a chrooted environment with suExec
IDS/IPS systems which block malicious bots and attackers
ModSecurity is installed on all of our shared servers and security updated weekly
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) - data encryption
|WordPress Website Hosting|
|DMCI||District Documents||To organize, manage and search the Board of Directors' Agendas, Minutes and Resolutions|
|Websoft Developers Inc.||Water and Wastewater Assets to serve the District's customers. Records of service and repair to those assets.||To have the ability to efficiently manage purchase and replacements, easily record service of and location of assets. To assist in staffing efficiency for service of those assets.|
|Rackspace||Email communications||Electronic mail and calendaring.|
California Government Code Section 6270.5
Approved on October 11, 2015, Senate Bill 272 (SB 272) added section 6270.5 to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a Catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 with annual updates thereafter.
A software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system that serves as an original source of data within an agency.
An Enterprise System does not include any of the following:
- Information technology security systems
- Physical access control systems
- Employee ID management systems
- Video monitoring systems
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems
- 911 dispatch, operation or emergency services
- Systems already restricted from disclosure by Government Code Section 6254.19
- Records that information technology systems collect, store, exchange or analyze
Create a catalog of enterprise systems containing the following
- Current system vendor,
- Current system product,
- System’s purpose,
- A description of categories or types of data,
- The department that is the primary custodian of the data,
- The frequency that system data is collected, and
- The frequency that system data is updated.
To make the catalog publicly available upon request.
To post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency’s website.
If the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead provide a system name, brief title or identifier of the system.