Cal Fire Providing Butte Fire Information
Cal Fire reports that the Butte Fire has burned more than 71,000 acres as of Monday morning, much of which is in Calaveras County. Public water supplies are critical to supporting the firefighting effort. A large portion of the area affected by fire is served by the Calaveras Public Utility District. They can be contacted at (209) 754-9442. The Calaveras County Water District also has water systems in the area of West Point, Wilseyville and Sheep Ranch, which are near to the fire. District staff have worked hard to ensure the public water supply continues to be available to the firefighting effort.
CCWD’s headquarters in San Andreas was evacuated Friday afternoon, Sept. 11. Limited staff is in the office Monday, Sept. 14. However, the office is still under an advisory evacuation, and it may be closed to ensure staff are not put at risk.
All requests for information about the Butte Fire should go to Cal Fire. The official fire information line is (209) 754-5527. Web updates on the Butte Fire and other fires can be found here.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting May 24, 2023 May 19, 2023
- CCWD Board President, Scott Ratterman, elected to the Association of California Water Agencies Joint Powers Insurance Authority Executive Committee May 10, 2023
- CCWD’s May 3, 2023 Special Board Meeting April 28, 2023
- Calaveras County Water District Announces New District Engineer April 28, 2023
- CCWD Attends On the Right Track Event at Calaveras High April 21, 2023