Cal Fire reports that the Butte Fire has burned more than 71,000 acres as of Monday morning, much of which is in Calaveras County. Public water supplies are critical to supporting the firefighting effort. A large portion of the area affected by fire is served by the Calaveras Public Utility District. They can be contacted at (209) 754-9442. The Calaveras County Water District also has water systems in the area of West Point, Wilseyville and Sheep Ranch, which are near to the fire. District staff have worked hard to ensure the public water supply continues to be available to the firefighting effort.
CCWD’s headquarters in San Andreas was evacuated Friday afternoon, Sept. 11. Limited staff is in the office Monday, Sept. 14. However, the office is still under an advisory evacuation, and it may be closed to ensure staff are not put at risk.
Recent CCWD News
- Legal Affairs Committee Meeting October 4, 2022 September 29, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-September 28, 2022 September 23, 2022
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting September 14, 2022 September 9, 2022
- Calaveras Conserves Drought Video September 9, 2022
- Engineering Committee Meeting September 6, 2022 September 1, 2022