Cal Fire reports that the Butte Fire has burned more than 71,000 acres as of Monday morning, much of which is in Calaveras County. Public water supplies are critical to supporting the firefighting effort. A large portion of the area affected by fire is served by the Calaveras Public Utility District. They can be contacted at (209) 754-9442. The Calaveras County Water District also has water systems in the area of West Point, Wilseyville and Sheep Ranch, which are near to the fire. District staff have worked hard to ensure the public water supply continues to be available to the firefighting effort.
CCWD’s headquarters in San Andreas was evacuated Friday afternoon, Sept. 11. Limited staff is in the office Monday, Sept. 14. However, the office is still under an advisory evacuation, and it may be closed to ensure staff are not put at risk.
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting-October 26, 2021 October 22, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting – October 13, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. October 8, 2021
- Legal Affairs Committee Meeting October 1, 2021
- Highway 4 Corridor Customers May Experience Discolored Water September 29, 2021
- New Customer Service Software September 21, 2021