The Calaveras County Water District has lifted a boil water notice that affected about 50 customers in the Bummerville area.
The precautionary notice was put in place on Tuesday, July 14, after a water test came back positive for coliform bacteria. Every affected customer received a hand-delivered boil water notice to ensure they were informed of precautionary actions to take while the notice as in place.
The District conducted multiple days of rigorous testing that showed there was no coliform bacteria in the water. Thus, in cooperation with the State Water Board, CCWD has lifted the precautionary notice.
All water in the Bummerville area is completely safe to drink, and there are no further restrictions.
Read the notice that the boil water notice has been lifted here.
For more information contact:
- Bill Perley, CCWD Director of Utilities, (209) 768-6203, 120 Toma Court, San Andreas, CA 95249
- Joel Metzger, CCWD Customer Relations Manager, 209-754-3123 or 209-768-6270.
- State Water Resources Control Board – Drinking Water Field Operations Branch – District Office at (209) 948-3963
Recent CCWD News
- Calaveras Conserves | July 22 Press Release July 23, 2021
- CCWD Regular Board Meeting July 14, 2021 July 14, 2021
- Severe Drought and Water Conservation Update July 9, 2021
- Ebbetts Pass Community Town Hall Meeting July 8, 2021
- CCWD Celebrates Independence Day with the Community July 7, 2021