The Calaveras County Water District has lifted a boil water notice that affected about 50 customers in the Bummerville area.
The precautionary notice was put in place on Tuesday, July 14, after a water test came back positive for coliform bacteria. Every affected customer received a hand-delivered boil water notice to ensure they were informed of precautionary actions to take while the notice as in place.
The District conducted multiple days of rigorous testing that showed there was no coliform bacteria in the water. Thus, in cooperation with the State Water Board, CCWD has lifted the precautionary notice.
All water in the Bummerville area is completely safe to drink, and there are no further restrictions.
Read the notice that the boil water notice has been lifted here.
For more information contact:
- Bill Perley, CCWD Director of Utilities, (209) 768-6203, 120 Toma Court, San Andreas, CA 95249
- Joel Metzger, CCWD Customer Relations Manager, 209-754-3123 or 209-768-6270.
- State Water Resources Control Board – Drinking Water Field Operations Branch – District Office at (209) 948-3963
Recent CCWD News
- CCWD’s Regular Board Meeting-Sept. 27, 2023 September 22, 2023
- External Relations Committee Meeting-Sept. 26, 2023 September 22, 2023
- CCWD’s Finance Committee Meeting – September 25, 2023 at 1:00 pm September 22, 2023
- Calaveras County Water District Adopts Modified 5-Year Rate Plan September 19, 2023
- CCWD’s Engineering Committee Meeting – September 21, 2023 at 2:00pm September 19, 2023
Follow Us on Social Media
Warning: Undefined variable $icons_color in /home/customer/www/ccwd.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/us-core/templates/elements/socials.php on line 19